What has happened to the world? There seems to be a collective voice, rising up chaotically and screaming ME FIRST!!! Have we, as children of God become nothing short of a bunch of 2 year olds?
I like to think I am involved and knowledgeable in political arenas, both local and national. I am staunchly conservative and any liberal agenda bothers me horrifically. However, when I step back and remember that opposing opinions do not negate the primal fact that I am connected to my human family - that every individual is either brother or sister - politics don't matter as much.
If we clamored less for what we want for ourselves and devoted just 15 minutes a day to selfless service for someone else, the world would change without government spending and contentious debate. If we worried less about the offense we took and more about the offense we gave we would be happier and more content.
Courtney says the sweetest prayers - chocked full of thanks. "Thank you for the lovely colors in our world; thank you for my soft bed; thank you for letting me go to school..." and on and on. My prayers are full of wants and needs and sorrows, with a few obligatory "thank yous" thrown in for good measure. I have a lot to learn from my 5-yr old!
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment