Saturday, September 5, 2009

Ch-ch-changes

This morning Wendy Vincent, assisted by her friend Melanie, took beautiful bridal pictures of Jenna.



This afternoon, Lauren and Jeremy decided to have their reception at the Springville Art Museum.


Next week, Phillip will be submitting his mission papers. (Photo by Amber Kaye Smith)


It feels like 10 minutes ago, I was taking the following picture - even though it was 16 years ago...

Nick just started high school. (photo by Amber Kaye Smith)



Becca and Courtney just started 5th grade and Kindergarten.




There is much to celebrate, and yet I find myself crying A LOT. There are tears of joy, regret, gratitude, humility, etc. Much introspection is taking place in my heart. Did I do what I planned to do? Did I (and do I) love them enough? Can my mistakes be redeemed? Can they overcome my failings and excel beyond my shortcomings?
I sure hope so - - - I love them so!



4 comments:

  1. Your tears of joy and gratitude should far "outsoak" the others! It seems to me that your kids adore you, and with good reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of all the moms I know, my dear friend(and I know alot of them) you are definately in the top all time 10 best moms!! You rock! When I grow up I want to be just like you!! Love you friend!! Kris

    ReplyDelete