Correct grammar is rather important to me. Ask my children. They would rather have their teachers have the first look at their school papers - I'm brutal. However, my favorite phrase is "Anyway - but, so....."
It isn't even really a sentence, but whatever it is, it served me well. It was the phrase Randy and I used when we were dating to extend our phone conversations when we had run out of things to say, or we'd already been on the phone for 4 hours, or it was really too late at night to talk anymore. Even when the conversation was spent, I never wanted to hang up. I can't imagine what things would have been like had we had texting. (Maybe I'd be good at it by now!)
Randy left for his mission to the Philippines 2 months after my mother died, in the fall of my Junior year of high school. The day before he left, we went to Perimeter Mall to walk around and talk. I remember us stopping, right in front of Macy's and I asked him if he was afraid of leaving. I knew he was doing the right thing and all, but I was definitely worried about life without him around, and wondered what he was thinking.
I'll never forget.... he said, "I'm afraid that when I get back, my dreams will have changed."
Randy played keyboards in a band and was getting a good reputation. He'd had an offer to do some studio work and it looked like he had a great future in music - music meant the world to him. He gave up a lot to leave and serve the Lord. He had a great and very exciting mission. He's got the most amazing mission stories I've ever heard - no lie.
When he returned home - his dreams changed. We were married 5 months later. There is less glamour and definitely less $ in the life we lead now, versus where he would have been. There is no one I admire more and no one I would rather spend eternity with and I'll feel lucky every day that he chose to give up so much for the Lord, and then, for me.
Anyway, but,.....so
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment